How to Sell Your Home Fast
In today’s market, homes are selling faster than ever. Have your sights set on your next dream home and need to get your current home ready to sell? Let’s take a look at a few ways to help you get your house to SOLD!
We can’t stress enough how important it is to get connected with an experienced real estate agent right away. Working with a quality real estate agent will not only give you the advantage of having their experience on your side but they can also help you get more from the sale of your current home, giving you a healthier budget for furnishing your beautiful new home!
Now, how do we get this place sold? One thing your real estate agent may share with you upfront is that the home needs to be priced appropriately. Okay, we can get a bit sentimental when it comes to putting a price on the house we made a home. After all, how can you put a price on the whole summer it took to get those flowers to grow in the back yard or the upgrades you paid an arm and a leg for to make the kitchen your morning oasis? While those items need to be accounted for to determine the home’s total value, the price that is set needs to be realistic for where your home is located and what it has to offer.
Vamp Up Your Curb Appeal
This will be a potential buyer’s first impression of your home. The moment they pull into the driveway, buyers will make a snap decision before they even step out of the car. Bringing life to your home’s exterior is easier than you think.
- Give a fresh coat of paint to old front and garage doors.
- Clean the siding and clear out cobwebs and debris from the entryway.
- Revamp landscaping by adding potted plants to the front porch and walkway.
- Trim back overhanging tree limbs and lay down fresh mulch.
- Lastly, don’t forget the welcome mat!
Create an Inviting Atmosphere
Now that you have ensured potential buyers want to enter your home by dazzling them with newly enhanced curb appeal, it’s time to awaken their senses. When potential buyers are walking through your home, you want their first impression to be a great one! There is nothing that turns people away like a stinky sink or foul-smelling carpet. While getting the carpets cleaned may be an obvious check off the to-do list, adding simple scents to the atmosphere have been shown to help sell your home!
- fresh baked cookies
Yes, fresh baked cookies! Popping a couple rounds of cookie dough in the oven when you have a showing will help buyers feel warm and invited into your space and make them want to stay.
Declutter, Depersonalize and Brighten Up
When families are walking through your home, they want to feel at home themselves. Clearing all the clutter and stowing all personal items will help open up the space and let their imagination run freely. Removing excess items will allow potential buyers to visualize the space with their own furniture. Painting the walls a neutral color and opening the blinds to brighten up the place will insure your home is looking its best.
The Forgotten Details
Taking the time to check off a few last items on the list will ensure your home is walk-through ready.
- Park vehicles down the street to allow for easy access
- Take the pups for a walk or arrange for a place for pets to stay while your home is being shown by a real estate agent. An anxious pet can cause tension during a walk-through and deter potential buyers.
- Leave a detailed list on the kitchen countertop describing the features of your home and neighborhood. Buyers want to know as much as possible, such as history of the home, upgraded features, school districts and amenities that set your neighborhood apart. Do you have great neighbors? Tell them about it! After all, who could know better than you?
Helping You Make a Well Informed Decision
Visit our Education Center to learn more about qualifying for a home loan, mortgage program options, and how Alpha Mortgage can assist you with buying and refinancing your property in the Carolinas.