The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting team throughout the loan process while adhering to all mortgage compliance laws and regulations. The Loan Officer acts as a liaison between clients and Alpha Mortgage and will help qualified applicants acquire loans in a timely manner.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective customers.
- Meet with customers to determine their needs and recommend the right loan products to help meet their goals.
- Maintain an active knowledge base of all loan products and an understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant.
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits.
- Identify and recommend products that meets the customer’s needs and the company’s lending guidelines.
- Communicate with clients to request from and provide information to them. Maintain and update records.
- Review active loan files each day to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to help the process.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service to build clients’ trust, loyalty and satisfaction throughout the loan process.
- Develop referral networks to attract more clients.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to mortgage lending compliance guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Loan Originator license with NMLS
- Five years experience in the finance industry
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with mortgage applications/software
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Drivers License
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field
- Experience with Encompass
- Sales experience
Alpha Mortgage is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full benefits package.