VA loans are home loans that are offered to military service members at reduced interest rates. They do not require a down payment or private mortgage insurance (PMI). To qualify for a VA loan, you must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA.
Get Your Free Home Buying Guide
What Are VA Loans?
Backed by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs, the VA loan program allows eligible active duty and veteran borrowers to obtain affordable home financing with no down payment required.
Benefits of a VA Mortgage
- VA loans offer a $0 down payment option
- Do not require mortgage insurance
- No minimum credit score requirement
- One-time funding fee can be financed into the loan
- Insured by the federal government which means lower interest rates for borrowers
Certificate of Eligibility
To qualify for a VA loan, you must obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. This document shows that you’re eligible for a VA loan and confirms the amount you can borrow.
VA Loan Service Requirements
To qualify for a VA loan you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- You have served 90 consecutive days during wartime
- You have served 181 days during peacetime
- You have served more than 6 years in the National Guard or Reserves
- You are the spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability.
Need More Info?
Please provide your contact information below, and a Mortgage Loan Officer will be in touch soon.
Is A VA Loan Right For You?
A VA home loan isn’t just a “loan” it’s a benefit provided to our current and former military service members. This entitlement helps military service members and veterans become homeowners at a lower cost than most other loan products. If you meet the military service requirements and are looking to purchase your primary home, a VA loan could be a great option for you.
We are honored to help the brave men and women of our military find an affordable path to the American Dream through the VA loan program.