With 2015 upon us and the economy looking up, many people are looking towards purchasing a new home this year. It is no secret that one of the most important steps in property purchase involves communication and collaboration with loan officers. Loan officers, or Mortgage Originators, evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loan applications for people and businesses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they are normally responsible for contacting companies inquiring about loan needs, meeting with loan applicants to gather personal information, obtaining and verifying financial information, explaining loan terms and types, analyzing and evaluating applicant’s finances, and eventually approving or denying loan applications. So what should you look for in a loan officer to make your home-buying experience as seamless and stress-free as possible?
A good loan officer holds many great qualities including time-management skills, problem-solving skills, and responsiveness, but 5 traits that an outstanding Loan Officer must have are listed below:
• They are transparent with customers- a great loan officer is always in line with all national loan regulations, but arguably even more importantly, they are open and forthcoming with customers and realtors about important information that can make or break a loan in a timely matter. They never over-promise or under-deliver.
• They are passionate about what they do- one thing that sets apart excellent loan officers from average is their love for what they do. It is apparent when a loan officer hates what they are doing, but through positive energy and attentiveness to customer needs, passion from a loan officer shines.
• They measure all of their data and information- great loan officers understand that nothing can be improved if it is not first measured. Best performers know exact numbers of leads, credit report pulls, contracts, and closings they have had in specific time periods because they understand how imperative numbers are both to potential borrowers and to their own success.
• They are accountable– They work for companies that hold employees to high work standards and ethical standards because they want to push themselves to their highest potential as a loan officer. They appreciate accountability because it shows borrowers and real estate agents that they can be relied on for closings.
• They are connected– The best loan officers not only know basic real estate principles, but they have rich professional connections with local real estate agents. Great loan officers have a deep base of knowledge they use to inform real estate agents about the closing process for clients, and maintain a positive communication process between the parties.
Looking for a Loan Officer on the North Carolina Coast? Alpha Mortgage has their own in-house team of specially trained Loan Officers that meet all of these qualifications! Check them out and contact one today to get the ball rolling on the purchase of your dream home!